how to uninstal onboadrd vids

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
i have had some sound card issues, but i figured it to be a problem w/ my pci slot, since ive tried 2 different cards.

but in the process my onboard graphics has reinstaled itself, i cant locate the drivers in the add remove programs, and assume i need to disable in the bios as well as deleting the drivers.
can anyone give me a quick guide to locateing the driver, and disabling the onboard graphics
gateway 838gm
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 900

the graphics card in there now is a pny nvidia 6600.

no manual, but when i seated the card the first time, i just uninstaled the driver from add/remove, and it worked fine.
that was about the extent of my knowledge base. thats why i need a short brief of how to do it.
also just by diabling, will that take care of the drivers i cant find?

p.s. when i put the second sound card in, i lost my monitor, than pluged it into the onboard slot, but i put in a game i couldnt play on the factory graphics, and it plays now. could it still be using the card even if it has gone back to the old graphics, and the monitor is pluged into the old slot?

yeah i got it now, i disabled the onboard setting, but still had to reseat the card for windows to detect new hardware

..... is it common to have problems w/ pci slots & sound cards
im still ****ed i coulnd get a sound card to work, 1st said the driverd couldnt be loded because of a currubt binary file or something else like that, error code 39 in device manager
i got new logitech x 530's and have to run them on the onboard sound... sound ok, but could be better, i get some hiss

yeah must be cause that has nothing to d ow/ my prob. if windows sucks that bad, what the other option?
and does anyone know what the point of vista is?

it looks mostly for media playing....
any clue what the price range will be for a home pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom