Unable install anything due to h/w problem ?? !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunilkumartk

Solid State Member
AH!

I am sorry but this problem have kept me sleepless for days now.

I have a Mercury Mother board, 128 MB ram , and celeron 700 Processor on my PC. With Win2000 OS.

I noticed this problem when i were trying to install MiniSAP on this PC. Infact i am able to install miniSAP on it. But it stops working the next time i boot in.

After i tried to debug the problem assuming it was a software related problem. Tried reinstalling the OS. Formatted the HDD.

In the end now i cant even install Ms office on to the PC. noe .net framework. Reformatting reinstalling the OS deosnt help. So i had to assume that it aint a S/W problem at all.

On the harware front i tried Cleaning and swapping the RAM slot and all, but that doesnt help..

How can i solve this strange problem of mine ..

Please help me.

To see if it's really a hardware issue, try a relatively minimal build. Format everything, then unplug everything except the bare necessities. No seconds CD-drives (no burners), no second hard drives, and no cards you can't live without. Then, try installing whatever you can in safe mode. If things go well, then 1) you have it installed, and 2) you can plug things in one by one to see if they cause a problem.

Dan

I have already removed all the unnecessary H/w. now i have on a CD-ROM, M/B, Ram, and one HDD and floppy.

Actually a month before or so i found bad sector on my HDD. After which i formatted my system with "Segate Disk Manager" to Zero fill the bad sectors. But then at that time everthing went super good.

Yesterday I tried to install a borrowed Windows XP with SP2 on the same. In the middle the installation stopped saying it cant read a file from the disk. Then I tried removing the disk from the drive and then tried putting it back. Alas! it worked!. So now i have XP with SP2 on my PC.

I could install MS office also, But not MiniSAP.

Now does that mean that It is happening becuase of the CD-ROM. But i havent noticed anyproblem with the CD-ROM before this. Everthing was working good. Even when i had the installtion problem CD rom could copy and read everything near perfect. (BTW i have an LG CD-ROM - 52x)

I found This on Google.
I noticed the Minisap installation requires 256 mb Ram. If you removed some memory for your minimal install........could this be part of the problem? Just guessing...Just a thought.:confused:
This site is worth looking at if you haven't already though. It may lead you to the problem.

Corey

OH yeah I think that couls be the problem. I have only 128MB RAM on my PC. I will check this and update you guys.

Thanks for the link it was really usefull.

But yes i am using MiniSAP 4.6 only. SO i think i doesnt need 256MB RAM. or atlest that is wat SAP documentation saying.

OH yeah I think that couls be the problem. I have only 128MB RAM on my PC. I will check this and update you guys.

Thanks for the link it was really usefull.

I see that site has went over it's bandwidth limit.
Just Google "minisap" and there is a bunch of info there.

Hope this helps.

Corey;)

AH! now after a lot of effort in installing XP with sp2 i could install Minisap 4.6D in my system.

Inspite of the fact that i had only 128MB Ram.

I could also run the front end after that.

I thought thank god everthing is alright now!

But much to my surprise it stopped working once i rebooted.

Now the MBS is working but not the frontend.
it gives some argument wrong error while i try to that.
Is it really due to the deficeiency in RAM.

If i upgarde will it work ?
is it worth spending ?

please help!

I found out that the problem is only with the front-end. Because if reinstall frontend it works, till i restart it.
strange ?

So i have to install it every time i want to work on minisap. i have upgraded to 256MB RAM now!, but in vain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom