Baseband Member
Alright, Ive got a pretty decent system:

Athlon 64 3500+
eVGA 7800GT
eVGA SLI edition mobo
1gb ddr 333
120GB Hitachi 7200rpm
Audigy 2 ZS gamer

So, in bf2 I get 50fps~ running at high, 1280x1024 4x AA. My problem? Things seem to be rendered a split secound too late. Not too noticible but enough to make me unhappy. For example, starring at a flag pole, and I move my view and the flag pole is not a solid line but a slight zig zag . Another instance is like grass grows in front of me (not the smooth way but just pops up). Not sure if this is lag (doubt it as it happens in single player too.) but I would like to know if this is normal or if it is fixable. Again, all these things are very slight. The whole game is playable except it isnt up to what I would like it to be with such a setup.

Does BF2 have v-sync? If it does enable this and see if that makes it any better. And also you only have 1gb ram, I heard that BF2 uses alot of ram.

Sure as heck isn't your system! If it is not your settings it may be server choke if you are on multiplayer on the net. Nice system....I have read, however, that one gig on memory isn't enough to play that game at higher settings. It is a memory hog!!! Roll back the display settings as an experiment and see if the artifacts remain.

Draw distance is at 100% and it isnt a lack of ram that is causing this as im getting good fps according to fraps. Ill try lowering the settings, but last time it still had the same stuff happening. And yes, latest drivers, latest patch.

my temps are 42C~ idle and go up to 58C~ during game. I dont think thats overheating and Im running stock clocks. I think whats happening is im dropping frams here and their that just dont show up and so the movement on the screen isnt smooth. This seems to happen in every game (hl2, bf2, and somewhat on doom3). Dont know whats up. :( EDIT: Im running an Antec Trueblue 480W powersupply.... could I be having minor power shortages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom