internet explorer - set as backround

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
i set this wallpaper as a backround. using right click > set as desktop wallpaper

or whatever it is, i was wondering, where would it be located on a win2k pro OS?
I wanna move the wallpaper to my documents

either edit your file extension list or move your picture to where ever you want and hilight the file by selecting it once withh left click. hold shift key and right click on picture file. you now have a new option called open with...

select this new option. select IE as program to open with. check box to always open with this program if you want. once the picture opens in IE right click set as desktop wallpaper/ background

umm maybe i explained it wrong XD

pretty much this is the situation
-the wallpaper im using is on my desktop, i set it as my desktop by right clickong on the wallpaper and then clicking set as wallpaper.

problem
-i wanna put that wallpaper on another computer, but i don't know where the wallpaper is stored.

i have winxp,but try display properties > desktop.
highlight on the file then hit browse.thats where the file is.
you could also do a search of the name.

spfd said:
umm maybe i explained it wrong XD

pretty much this is the situation
-the wallpaper im using is on my desktop, i set it as my desktop by right clickong on the wallpaper and then clicking set as wallpaper.

problem
-i wanna put that wallpaper on another computer, but i don't know where the wallpaper is stored.

If you have windows XP or Win2k it will be located under your current profile..for instance mine is

C:\Documents and Settings\valvarez\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Internet Explorer Wallpaper.bmp

It won't retain the actual photo name, but you can rename it. In order to see these files you must change the folder options. Go into the control panel and select Folder Options>View>then where is says Hidden files and folders select SHOW hidden files and folders..This will allow you to browse to the above path. Or you can always go back to the website you and download the image ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom