amd vs pent

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulafien

In Runtime
Ok this is burning my brain out how come pentium has 4. whatever gig cpus and amd only has 2. whatever gig cpus......

the real question is wich is better

there is a big debate on this, i'll go with AMD becuase i see it as faster and stronger, but i dont know what the majority thinks of it.

The AMD's use there cpu speed more effectively. Like a 1.6 ghz AMD is compareable to a 2.4 ghz Intel and a 2.4 ghz AMD is up by the 4ghz intel range.

AMD wins in performance and efficiency. AMD also dominates the 64 bit and Dual Core markets now. They are even starting to take a chunk out of Business server market.

i've never had an AMD processor and always worked with intel pentiums (from 2 to 4). But at this point, i'd rather get an AMD then an intel. Many people think intel is faster cuz of their clock speed (i used to be one of them). The Althon XP is supposed to dominte if your usin windows XP.

I game alot and went from an intel 3.4 g socket 775 to an amd 3700+ sandiego core chip. games are smoother boots quicker and is all around more responsive for me. only downside is i have to run my heat now :p
P.S. 7300+ in 3d05 no ocing

ibbonkers said:
I game alot and went from an intel 3.4 g socket 775 to an amd 3700+ sandiego core chip. games are smoother boots quicker and is all around more responsive for me. only downside is i have to run my heat now :p
P.S. 7300+ in 3d05 no ocing

yes I am noticing that about my p4 which was given to me for free (so I cant complain but Id rather have an AMD chip). My 3.2 ghz p4 isnt close to any of the AMD chips in its range, It has become the limiting factor in my system so now thers no point upgrading anything until I can do a total revamp.

My P4 3.4Ghz Pressy does everything I could ask it to. I guess if you look at a comparison of (Gaming Benchmarks) a single core AMD will look much more attractive, (numbers).

Overall, my P4, X800XT PE & 2GIG of DDR3500... Play every game at their highest settings... with good frame rates.

One exception would be FEAR. I can't get FEAR to run good at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom