Can't find USB 2.0???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnlh

Solid State Member
Hello again, I've ran into some problems here and could really use some advice. I've just built a new machine:

Asus A8N-E mobo
Seagate 250 gb SATA HD 8mb cache
AMD Athlon 4000+ cpu
Antec 1050B case with 500w power supply
OCZ 512 x 2 ram
Asus Nvidia 6600 silencer 256 mb vid card
Lite-on DVD burner and dvd rom
ect. ect.
I'm running XP Pro and have just basic software, updated drivers, and windows updates installed, everything seems to run smooth.

I installed a new HP 2575 aio printer and it works fine, but when I plugged the cable in (it's a 2.0 cable), it said that I have no high speed usb 2.0 ports on my computer. I checked my bios settings and it says that usb 2.0 is enabled. What's up????
Please help, I would really like everything to funtion at full capacity, Thanks.

I would guess you haven't installed the usb drivers. Check device manager and see if it's installed correctly

I checked the device manager and it looks as though the drivers are installed, but there are 4 ports that all say they are the printer. Is this right??

plug the printer into another usb port. if that doesnt help, plug it into the front usb.

IF THAT STILL DOESNT WORK...
you will have to buy a 2-4 port usb hub and install it into the PCI slot

Reinstall your USB 2.0 drivers. If that doesn't work, either your controller card is faulty, your BIOS/Mobo-driver isn't right, or your mobo is messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom