G.Skill RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBCHS15

Baseband Member
Alright i have a question and this may sound really dumb but since i want to learn i'll ask. I'm looking at getting 2 sticks of 512MB, but what is the difference between Unbufferred and Registered RAM? Which should i get?

One is for servers the other is not. Or rather you can use them on both but ECC registered ram has less errors in it so that way there its slower ram.

so what would you suggenst since i have the DFI Lanparty nF4 Ultra-D and an Athlon 64 4200? I plan on overclocking in the future.

i would get some nice G.Skill or OCZ non ECC and unregistered. Either PC3200 if you want to play with the timings, or PC4000 as you really dont have to mess with the timings

ok another question what is with all the numbers like 2-2-2-5, 3-3-3-8, 2-3-3-6, 2.5-3-3-6, 2.5-4-4-8? this is really confusing me at which one to buy I'd like to get (2) 512MB Sticks

Stands for Error Correction Code. The extra parity bits in transmitted date are incorporated in order to detect errors that can be corrected by the user.

you want to get the lowest timings possible which is what those numbers are...i think there is a buying guide for ram around here somewhere...or you can google it...just like everything else;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom