need a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
Hey i'm building another rig and there has been a question on my mind

do i get a nice video card right now (like a 7800gt) and then put it in sli a little later when prices come down, or do i buy a cheaper card (not sure which one) and then get the g71 later?

Why would you buy a 7800GT now and buy another to SLI later when you already "have" a 7800GTX that you could buy another of and SLI?

Why are you building another rig, for someone else?? If not the one you have right now is good enough, what CANT you do with that. Heck im running on an AGP 6800gs and I think its fine, I can run doom 3 on high with AA on. If your building another comp though regardless just get a 7800gt or a 6800gs PCIE card. SLI=ripoff, it's been shown that it really isnt even close to doubling the graphical power, 30% at the best of times. It makes more sense to me to get one 7800gt or gtx and later on when you can upgrade forget about getting another one to SLI them, just ditch the 7800 for whatever is new at that time. From benchmarks I've seen 2 6800gts still isnt as good as 1 7800gt or gtx.

it's for my brother actually...

and thank you, you bloodthirsty pirate, for finally answering my question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom