diff bsod errors while trying to reload xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sardaukar

Beta member
Hi guys
I'm trying to help my uncle out here and im about to use this pc as a shot put soooooooooo any help would be great .these are the specs :
pc specs
mobo specs

now nothing has been upgraded to this pc and has nver been opened up until i looked around in it a couple of days ago.I tried to use the compaq recovery discs to reinstall xp however at different stages of the initial recovery blue screen errors appear sometimes they are mainly "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" as you try to enter the second recovery cd but then other times these other messages appear when i try to reinstall again "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" or "BAD_POOL_CALLER" now ive tested the memory,hard drive on other machines they are fine.Ive ran a low level format on the hard drive also used different hard drives and memory to try to get a o/s installed .I tried to flash compaqs bios with the manufacturers bios to try to get more available options in the bios (but to no avail and compaqs bios upgrade for this machine only works if you have xp already installed)
on board graphics card shows no problems with the different diagnostic tools ive tried .
So i keep thinking its a bios issue or the motherboard needs to be trashed.
Any help would be really appreciated guys ive never came across a problem like this before even and after 4 days of constant google searching ive lost the will to live !!
.Just as an after thought i tried to install free bsd 6.0 but as i tried to start making slices on the hard drive i got a error message saying that i had drive geometry problem because the bios never gave the bsd boot loader the correct information and so i could not install freebsd either on it !!
any ideas :D :D :D
forgot to mention ive also tried a copy of xp pro and win2000 and they both crash just as you are given the option to install windows or make a repair of xp

tried it and the memory is fine i even took out the original memory and added 512mb of my own memory just to see...if any one could suggest a couple of decent motherboards along the same specs as the one which will be smashed to pieces that would be great :D

i cannot boot into safe mode as the hard drive formatted whilst using the recovery disks .I have looked at a couple of the blue screen errors at ms support but i am currently looking more into the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error as this is the most constant error coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom