Help with graphics card (6800GS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeIranianKid

In Runtime
Hey guys i just finished building my first comp and when i installed the nVida drivers for the graphics card i got a message that the video card didn't have enough power and would lower its settings so i clicked ok and then realized i hadn't plugged in the 6 pin pci-e power thing to the graphics card now words on my screen are somewhat bolder in some places and not in some others. I tryed uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but it didn't work should i try getting the drivers from the website its self or what or have i messed up the graphics card

What psu you do you have ? Download the latest drivers from the Nvidia site. Completely uninstall the card from the DM ( device manager) then boot up... Re-install drivers and reboot.

i have the anec truepower and it stops when i uninstall the cd drivers i haven't tried nvidas drivers from the internet yet

when i uninstall the drivers it works fine but when i reinstall them it gets blurry again so should i just get newer drivers from the internet

amd 3200
msi neo4-f
1 gig cosair valueselect
anec truepower2 480 watt
6800gs

my powersupply has one on it but i forgot to plug it in and if i turned it on without one will it screw up the part?

I doubt it will screw up the card, I had a friend that did it with his 6600gt, but when he plugged it in everything was fine. I don't know what to tell you about your problem though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom