startup...freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

ville_valo

In Runtime
hey, this problem just started on my main pc not to long ago, my dad was working, and the computer froze, so I restarted it. Once the startup was over, I moved the mouse and it just froze again, so I restarted it, and the same thing happened more than twice. What could be the problem.

boot into safemode, run MSconfig, and turn off everything. Then reboot. Does the problem still exist? if not, then you have to isolate what in startup is causing this. Also, look in Eventvwr to local errors.

If not, then might be something else. Boot the system with your windows disk in it. When you get the screen up asking what you want to do, run recovery console. Then run chkdsk /f and see what it tells you.

Good luck

ok, I turned off everything, the problem is still there, i ran Eventvwr and there seems to be a problem in the system involving something called DCOM, what should I look for in local errors.

run dcomcnfg abd expand a few of the trees. Do you get any errors? if so, what do they say?

Can you find the event that is listed at the system freeze? is it just the mouse or the whole machine?
Can you do anything when the machine freezes?

how many processes are running at once? enter each process name into google, and see if they are viruses.

also, do a virus scan, especially with an on-line virus scanner.

Inaris said:
run dcomcnfg abd expand a few of the trees. Do you get any errors? if so, what do they say?

Can you find the event that is listed at the system freeze? is it just the mouse or the whole machine?
Can you do anything when the machine freezes?

there are several errors, some are COM+, other DCOM, Application Hang, Application Error, Service Control Manager.

The first freeze was at about 4:15 or so, at exacly 4:15:40, there is an error DCOM, then another one and after that there is a Service Control Manager error.

The whole machine freezes, the mouse doesn't work, the Bloq Number, Bloq Despl, Bloq Mayus, keys don't turn on/off. Ctrl+Alt+Supr doesn't work at all. So my only option is to reset the computer.

talldude123 said:
how many processes are running at once? enter each process name into google, and see if they are viruses.

also, do a virus scan, especially with an on-line virus scanner.

there is a virus "lsass.exe", which on-line virus scanner is the best

i know, but it's not the only one, and most of the processes that have like two meaning are somehow related to Netsky D., how do I know for sure if they are virus or just a part of windows, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom