computer wont power on

Status
Not open for further replies.

meh485

Beta member
hi i decided to build my first computer just recently but didnt expect this much hassle. ok so here to my problem:
i put everything on the mobo, the power button on the case worked to turn it on, but the monitor didnt detect nething so i guess theres something wrong with the video card and the fan on the video card wasnt going. so after i decided to turn the system off from the power supply because the power button on the case didnt work for some weird reason. checked over stuff, didnt find nething wrong.
tried to turn it back on, but nothing. the weird thing is when i have the supply on there is a led light on the motherboard that lights up, but when i press the power button on the case and on the mobo, nothing happens. heres the list of my parts:
DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra-D
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939
corsair xms 2*512MB
EVGA Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCIE x16
thermaltake typhoon 120mm heatsink
aspire 500W power supply
Antec Super LanBoy aluminum case

so ne help would be appreciated thanx

Unattach everything from motherboard except CPU, RAM and Video card, Take motherboard out of case and place on a hard surface, Unplug everything from the F-Panel except the Power button ,reset switch connectors and internal speaker.

Refer to manual to make sure you connect those right.

Then try booting.

Do case fans spin up? Do you get any beeps?

If no to them, hotwire the PSU by linking the green wire with any black one, and see if the PSU fans spin. The motherboard light will go on when power is going through the PSU.

i dont think the video card has a power plug, i think it gets its power from the motherboard, and all the fans were spinning, lights lit up when i started it first EXCEPT for the video card fan.
when you said to take the motherboard out and put it on a hard surface, does it matter wut type of surface, and can i start it up outside the motherboard, and lastly if i did wire the case wires wrong would it have done any damage?

meh485 said:
i dont think the video card has a power plug, i think it gets its power from the motherboard, and all the fans were spinning, lights lit up when i started it first EXCEPT for the video card fan.
when you said to take the motherboard out and put it on a hard surface, does it matter wut type of surface, and can i start it up outside the motherboard, and lastly if i did wire the case wires wrong would it have done any damage?

The hard surface should be a table of some sorts.
You would start it up outside of the case.

Depending on what you miswiried, alot of damage could have been done, But I don't think you did this.

Follow my instructions in my Last Post.

my 6600gt has a 4pin recepticle.........but its agp---make sure both your mobo plugs are pluged in, the 20 pin and the 4 pin!!! i make that mistake lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom