DVD media + or - ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

olopbob

Baseband Member
I am installing a new internal DVD to replace CDRW. The DVDRW supports DVD+\- and ram. Now I must decide wether to use + or - discs. I have TV out connection to play video but will be purchasing an independent DVD player when my wallet approves. My media decision should not affect player purchase since most new players support both formats. DVD+ has faster speeds but I am still new to DVD and would like your opinions and thinking behind them. Thanks

- is the best way to go becasuse the media is usually cheaper and it is suppoerted bay more players ...however now almost all players will support both so I would say go with whatever you can find the cheapest

faster speeds ??? you can get both formats in 8 x speed and that is the best I have seen for both + and -

ive got a pioneer dvr A05 that only works with - discs and a I/O Magic that works with both + and - discs. my experiences have been that using my - discs usually work better than the + discs. but i guess my + burner isnt exactly top quality. get a few of each and see which ones work better for ya

I ordered a LG Electronics DVD+/-RW Mulitformat DriveSpecifications:
Write Speed: 24X CD-R, 16X CD-RW, 8X DVD+R, 4X DVD-R, 4X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-RW, 3X DVD-RAM
Read Speed: 32X CD-ROM, 12X DVD-ROM, 3X DVD-RAM

Looks like I can try about anything but it's so much cheaper by the bundle that maybe someone has used or seen this drive they may have idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom