Two GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0E

Beta member
hello all, i had a question about pci-e. i have a DFI Lanparty DR-SLI expert and a quadro fx 3400 which i run two LCDs on, so my question is can i put a less expensive pci-e card in (not in SLI) to run another screen? are there any disadvantageous to this?

You can run multiple GPU's not in SLI. I think you have to keep them for the same manufacuter (Nvidia) as you can't mix ATI and NVIDIA drivers.

okay thanks, i had another question as well, say i were to put a 6800gs and hook up a screen up it could i run games on that screen better than on the screen that my Quadro (since games don't run very well on quadros) is hooked up to?

It will be exactly the same as a 6800gs, running games on max, with a great frame rate, and then have the quadro with MSN/xfire up or something along those lines.

I dont think that you can mix 2 different cards in SLI, i think they have to be the same exact card.

7800GT & 6800GT wont work it has to be 7800GT & 7800GT. It's this way unless nvidia made it so you dont have to but, i still believe that you cant run two different cards in sli, they have to be the same card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom