Overclocking does nothing!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
All right well with my 6800gs AGP since I cant unlock pipes I decided to OC it. After a while of OCing it Im getting no artifacts in 3dmark05 or anything. Whats weird though is it seems that overclocking is doing absolutely nothing. No matter what I do I get the same 3dmark05 score, despite the fact its not overheating or anything. I get about 4378 points every time, whats happening? Is some other piece of my hardware limiting me, perhaps my cpu?

btw Im using the nvidia thing to overclock, the one that comes with the drivers.

Ok I looked at others with a similar PC to me and it seems that a lot of AGP based nvidia cards get stuck at 4.5k on systems similar to mine(even with a 6800gt). Weird, does 3dmark05 favor ati cards because my performance in games is pretty sweet for a higher end budget card.

How much did you overclock it? You can't expect drastic results from a small overclock. With video cards, simply getting another 2 points in 3DMark can be the difference betwen a world record and a 2nd place trophy. I know the guy who holds the WR for best score with a X700 on a P4 machine, he won by like 1-2 points.

That's kind of a small overclock, my GS is Oc'd 75 mhz/core and 300mhz/memory from a stock GS. I didn't notice too much difference in games, and my 3dMark05 only went up by a few hundred.

30/50 isn't going to do anything. When you get those numbers up over 100 then you'll see a difference. I know that 3DMark05 doesn't favor just ATI cards because my score is around 9000.

when you start worrying about world records because you spent 600 dollars on a card you know you are lacking something in your life..

also its a synthetic benchmark so I don't know why you are so concerned with it anyway?

try to oc it until you get some crashes/artifacting and back off a few until you reach your max..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom