lost in email problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet1plum2000

Beta member
I have average computer knowledge, not a guru. Ok, I have a friend that can receive my email and I cannot receive email from her. We have tried and checked all we both know to check. I have Microsoft Outlook 2003 and Spyware Doctor, Norton. I tried to receive email from her in Outlook, in my Yahoo email, and on my web email from my cable provider, and on the email based only email Web 2 mail server. Also, checked it on my laptop at her house and did not receive email from her. Had laptop up and typed email to myself on other computer which I guess still has to go through my email provider road runner and did not receive it. Then I tried on her computer with sbcglobal.net service and dial up, to email to themselves as a test. The email did not work when sending an email to them from their email account. What does that mean?

Email between us worked before I did several things on my end, adding the spyware, (turned it off, but still nothing), outlook 2003 (but still does not work on the yahoo acct, or anything), so I think it is on her computer.

Basically, what would cause a person not to be able to send an email to themselves? I can do it on my computer.

Any other suggestions? I have a network at my house with a router. Would that have anything to do with it?

NOTE: I RECEIVE EMAIL FROM OTHERS OKAY. SHE DOES ALSO.
(COULD IT HAVE TO DO WITH both us using the same IP addy part of the time when I visit with my laptop?)

Ask me any questions that I have not explained well, and thank you for any help. Completely frustrated. Even microsoft forum guy did not know.

Which OS? It way be a firewall issue...but the fact that she receives email form others makes that unlikely. Did she, perchance, acidently designate your email as spam or junk? Otherwise, other than completely reformating and reinstalling the OS and software, you'll be stuck using the telephone!! :)

Outlook 2k3 does have a junk email filter already built in that is set to low as a default. Make sure that the emails are not being marked as junk.

If that doesn't work i would contact road runner and make sure they don't have her domain on a black list somewhere.

I guess by operating system...I have windows XP, she has ?? windows 2000 or later if there is one...

I checked and I am not blocked as an email person, nor am I spam to her computer.

Firewall issue though sounds right at this point. They do no have the Norton Firewall installed, but do have Norton virus protection. I think they have the windows firewall checked on the options?? or the setting on the email account ..is checked.

In fact, that is what has changed. The firewall expired late November when all this happened. So, what does that mean? Since she can receive my email and I can't receive hers. Is it my computer that is not allowing the email because of Norton I have that installed? or is it a XP issue?

when I contact Roadrunner, and then I check for the domain of sbcglobal.net being blacklisted? It was not before, but guess that can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom