Tech Forums tech support

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAWN

Field Engineer
We should have a tech support area where people come in with problems and we can connect to their pc's with webex or network streaming to solve issues. Prices should be reasonable yet enough to cover the cost of the software used to control pc's with some profit. That profit can be used to maintain techist.com. Support reps should pass a series of questions that is made up by TF to show knowledge and prove to be competent to represent TF and solve issues. It would be nice to pay the support reps, however that would be up to the admins if this idea goes through.

Questions, Comments? Want to add?

Please do!

Some people may not be competent enough to solve those issues on their own, even with written instructions. There are many people who are just not literate when it comes to pc's. This would be great to solve stubborn virus issues and spyware. Some people are lazy and dont want to do it.

Very true. Infact as I was posting the previous comment, the hardest part of forum troubleshooting, is that people don't know how to explain their problems. They don't give the important information needed to fix the issue. Infact most of the "kids" that post here, can barely write comprehensive posts.

I like that idea.

But there's always a but, huh? Anyway...

I would think that a rep for TF that is doing live help would be a paying job. I don't know how it would work on a volunteer basis. Maybe it would work with volunteers doing the live support since members do support for free in posts.

Going into a tech support per fee is delving into a liability issue. It's something that would take some good planning. It may be possible, but I'm not sure that it's worth it.

On the other hand, if we had a chat room again, that's where there could be some live help. The bad thing about live help is that other members do not benefit from the solution since they can't read it like with the posts.

Keep discussing tech support. With discussion, we might find a way to make it a reality!

Dave :D

We shouldn't charge anybody for questions on the forum.

Most of us on Tech-Forums help people for fun, we're nerds...

But i agree on archiving chat logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom