Keyboard Died!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inflames

Baseband Member
Greetings all..

this might sound a bit weird but i don't exactly know what happened..

the weather was bad outside, thunder and lighting and heavy rain..

the electricity got a little bumpy, blacked out and got back in an instance... so the computer had to restart >.<

the issue starts here..

when i logged back in and was typing (like i am now) i realised that something was wrong with the keyboard..

something wrong:

when I press shift + delete it no longer deletes the file!

it's like i'm not holding down the shift !!!!

I hold down shift and write 'holding shift' and it comes out: HOLDING SHIF without the t

and when I hold shift down and press 5 for the percentage symbol it doesn'twrite it !

and the volume rolling button on the keyboard no longer increases/decreases volume..

--

i really dont know what the issue is, the keyboard is still working and i'm still typing normally using it, but those weird stuff..

is it possible that the keyboard died internally (hardware got messed up or built in software or whatever) ? or is it from windows / operating systeM?

thanks for your patience..

please help.

That does sound strange. First thing I would do, if you are using a multimedia keyboard, would be to try reinstalling any drivers that came with it (that might help with the volume controls) and make sure if the keyboard uses a piece of software to enable the volume controls and other specialty keys to work, make sure in is running. Secondly, try using KeyTweak to see if you can't fix the malfunctioning keys on your keyboard. Beyond that, it might have just shorted out. It happens to all kinds of equipment; I knew a guy that shocked himself when his router shorted out.

KeyTweak: http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

^^^ Lol, it's actually more intresting to grab 2 different keyboards and have a keyboard fight. The keys go flying everywhere.

Your keyboard actually contains a processor as well as other electric components. It's very unlikely that electricity would only fry a keyboard and not an entire PC. Usually keyboards do not even fry when an entire PC goes down due to bad power. You can even put keyboards in a dishwasher and they still work.

But I think it most likely is the keyboard, so go buy another one :)

Or just put it in the dishwasher......make sure the heat is turned way up...........and then plug it in wet...........all will be good. :) Buy a new keyboard, like others have suggested!!!

O_O

*takes another look at his computer*

O_O

*brings an axe and gives the computer an evil stare* o_O

*stuff stuff stuff*

O_O wtf, the thing is working fine again !

haha!

no seriously, i dunno what happened but it suddenly got back to normal !>_<

-_- *sigh*... everything here is weird -_-

btw, everything's price here is either doubled, or trippled, no thanks to them being theives and all >_< so i really wouldn't like buying crap from /them here :p unless its too necessary :p

+ I'm broke at the moment, NEEEEEEEEEED JOOOOOOOOOB !!! :p

Lebanon.........
Take Shawn's & DJ-Chris's advice..........
Buy another keyboard........ $10
Your keyboard problem will most likely come back.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom