which memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to be Overclocking? If yes, OCZ, if no, Corsair

There's a thread (somewhere) on here that proves that 2 GB really does not improve it that much. Someone will point it out, or search for it

2gb's help if you use more than 1gb. Fear used 1.25gb's of my ram when I did a test. BF2 also does. Anyway, 2gb's if you are not overclocking.

yeah i will be trying to oc my p4 640 to 4 ghz. would there be any difference in performance if i get 2 x 512 vs 1 x 1gb. so fear and bf2 used 1.25 gig? wow... that is alot...

I haven't done a test for BF2. I have seen the graph draw for memory use, and it hit 0% on a 1gb system. For fear it uses exactly 1242mb's of ram. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/Trifid/memoryfear.jpg

Anyway, if overclocking you should go with the performance ram. baring in mind, that adding more, you will have to re do the overclock, and you are not as likley to be able to go as high.

What is the stock speed of the 640? If you could squeeze 2gb's of performance ram into the budget (2x 1gb sticks.) it would be better, or if it is only a small OC you could get away with the value.

With 1x 1gb you lose dual channel, so will not get as much bandwidth.

yeah, stock is 3.2 so it's a moderate oc. maybe i should go for ddr533 instaed of 667?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom