DDR ram question

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy43

Baseband Member
Hey, I'm trying to buy some ram right now and I have an option for "2.5 Cas Latency" and "3.0 Cas Latency" Besides $10.00, what is the difference?

2.5 cas latency is faster. latency is a way of measuring how long it takes to respond. For instance, my girlfriend has a high latency. So, you want lower latency.

What is the computer used for? If it's high end and you're seeking performace, you should get the 2.5 latency ram. If you're just browsing and running light programs, ie, aim, minesweeper, then the 3.0 cas latency will do fine.

Hope I helped clear it up a little

Ryan

yeah i agree with you guys. I would go wiht the 2.5 cas latency though unless you really don't want to spend the extra $10.

Lol to fighting irish. "ie, aim, minesweeper" Do people still play play minesweeper? lol is someone really that bored that they play minesweeper.:laughing:

Timings have almost no real world impact on memory bandwidth overall. For the people with low latency ram, try benchmarking at higher latency's, their's barely any difference. You will not notice low latency ram (2-2-2-X) vs value ram (3-3-3-X)

Buying low latency ram is for those who are really rich.

You would be surprised how sometimes minesweeper clears your head when you are bored or stressed. Well.... for the stressed part so does playing a shooter, but you all know what I'm talkin about 8).

Thanks for the info! I went with the 2.5. Ram is so cheep now!!! You guys are awesome!

I don't play on expert but I got 14 seconds on easy. =0)

Thanks,
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom