3dmark help

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
i just downloaded 3dmark to check out my system .. i scored a
7122. is that a good score? when it was testing.. the framerates seemed low. they never went above 40 and got as low as 16. i dont think my system should be getting FR that low. what do you think? is something wrong??

i used 3dmark05. i went on their forum and compared to everyone elses with similar specs to me.. my score was actually better. i just dont understand why the framerates were that low. are they even low? they seemed low to me. when i play games i dont notice a bad FR but 3dmark gave me an average of around 30fps

Those programs are designed to stress and test the limits of your system. No computer will really get good framerates on it. I have a similar setup to yours and i get like 2-3 fps on the second round of the test with the giant serpent thingy, yet i get a score of around 8200.

I too got about 2 fps on the last set of tests and i was wondering if something was wrong but i saw others with the same probs. I got about 7300 in '05 non-OCed. If you want to get some more marks, try to OC alittle. But what only really matters is that the computer runs like you want it too.

yea i compared with other people that have very similar setups to me and they all got in the low 7000's. now that im thinking about it... i know what kinda frame rate i should be gettin with my setup. if i get a good FR when i actually play games.. then thats what matters. seeing 4 fps with that program scared the crap outta me... i was so mad lol. im not gonna use that program anymore.. just so im sure.. that score was ok for my setup right? i just wanna make sure im gettin the most outta my pc without OCing it.

Ive been playing FEAR on my computer with everything turned on max, AA, AF, soft shadows and i get about 48fps average. Ive turned down the settings alittle and got higher fps but it wasnt noticable to me. Im happy with it and if your runs like you want it too, then your good, dont worry about the score.

thebleakness said:
Ive been playing FEAR on my computer with everything turned on max, AA, AF, soft shadows and i get about 48fps average. Ive turned down the settings alittle and got higher fps but it wasnt noticable to me. Im happy with it and if your runs like you want it too, then your good, dont worry about the score.

yea thats what i think also.. if it runs good. thats all that matters. thanks alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom