connection help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hey all..
ok i really need some help here...so please be patient with me...
i installed everything but having some problems with t he connections that goes from the power supply to the motherboard ,floppy and DVD dive....ok now the mobo that i have is the ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard and the power supply is the Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply 115/230 V UL, TUV, CB, FCC CLASS B, CUL , now because i don't know what each cable is called iam going to kind describe it so please bare with me...
now that first wire is the one with the bigger end that plugs into the mobo(done) ,the other one had a square(kinda)end which i plugged it into the ATX12V plug on the mobo because it was the only one that it can plug into.....did i do everything right so far?
now what iam left with is this:
1) two cables with end that says pci-e?
2)this cable have 4 ends..3 for the power (i guess) and one small end?
3)2 power ends and 1 small end?
4)two cables each have 2 ends ..they look like power plugs but they are kind thin?
5)one cable with two ends(fan only)?
i know this is a very weird description but i don't have a cam 2 post pics...sorry..
please help if you can ...thanks

4 pin power connectors are called molex connectors. You use them for say Drives Cd and HD then the PCI-E stands for pice express for high end graphics cards it soposed to help them gain the right power . If you arnt sure didnt the power supply come with a manual? to tell you what the connectors are? and the Floopy power connector is called a berg its the only one that can fit into a floppy.

Check your manual if you need further help

the manual is one paper..and it doesnt say anything usefull..so does it matter what end i use

all 4 prongs are the same regardless of where you plug them in. Pci E is used for PCi E video cars so the molex connectors dont amtter jut the CPu Mobo and the pci e do

ok ..now i have 3 wiers (cpu,sys,hdd) that have plastic over it..they dont plug into anything where do they go?

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with your last post.

You probably won't use all the connectors from your PSU. Are the wires you are asking about in this picture?
antec-plugs.jpg

zenyora said:
ok ..now i have 3 wiers (cpu,sys,hdd) that have plastic over it..they dont plug into anything where do they go?

You plug them into your motherboard. This for me is the most hardest bit of puttin a PC together. You will have to locate on your motherboard where the "Power SW" "HD LED" and "Sys LED" connectors are located. They should all be right next to eachother in the corner.

I just googled a pic of your motherboard.
If you look here
http://www.hardinfo.com/art/site/pi...rd_roundup/asus_a8n_sli_deluxe_board_stor.jpg
On that picture the connections you are looking for are located right at the bottom left corner where u see all thoese coloured things.
U will have to line the cables u have up with the lable on the motherboard.

Check your motherboards manual for more instructions.

thanks alot for the reply...
will the ones iam talking about are from the case they dont look like they plug into anything the end of them is just wires ..i think they are for the display on the case they have plastic covers that says do not remove they are labeled(cpu,sys,hdd) the ones that connect to the colored part on the mobo have like small balck plugs....

oh ok, i thought when u said they have plastic covers u meant the black plastic covers. Can you take a picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom