what psu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
I am going to build a pc with 2 raptor drives, opteron 170, 7800gt, dfi lanparty ultra-d (the one with nforce 4 ultra), 2 gb's g.skill or ocz ram, 5450 speakers, x-fi sound card, floppy, and dvdrw, what would be the cheapest but most effective psu to keep my system stable enough for overclocking?

I was also wondering if there is anyway to remove the extra cables that you arent using from teh powersupply.

thanks
Nick

Antec trupowerII 550W is pretty good and reasonably priced, although the one in your sig is probably fine. I wouldnt try to cut off any cables, not really safe.

well i think i have seeen a psu where the cables are all doublesided so you can unplug them...thanks though

There are modular PSU's, which is what your thinking of, but they are generally more expensive and you dont really gain that much from them.

If you have the money, check out the OCZ powerstream 520W and 600W psu. Those are very nice and would deliver the power you need.

Like vybuni said, modular psu arent too much better unless you have to clean up the wiring. Take some time and some wire ties whatever and do it without a modular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom