2 problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlb

Baseband Member
Ok my sister just got a new digital camera and she is not able to download the software to run it, it starts to download and then a window with an error report pops up and wont let her download it. The other problem is whenever i try to go to the control panel it closes itself out on me. The control panel window will pop up but then after a second it just closes itself out. I was thinking it was a virus but my sisters computer does not have a virus scanner to check it.

Well, it very likely that it does have a virus. Your best bet is to get a virus scanner on there. There are plenty of free ones. I use AVG, and it seems to work fine.

You could also check out the section to post a HiJackThisLog in the virus section.

You could also use Spybot Search&Destroy latest version to scan for some malwares and specially spyware! And remember to post the scan log!
Regard.

At the 'Welcome to Setup' screen, press Enter. The R (repair) option takes you to the Recovery Module, which is useful if Windows won't boot, but it's no help with a reinstallation. Soon you'll be told that there's already a Windows installation on the computer. Press r for a repair reinstall or Esc to begin a complete, destructive one. For a complete restore, select your C: partition and press Enter. When you get the warning that says an operating system is on that partition, press c. When you are asked your partition preference, select Leave the current file system intact (no changes). When you're told that a Windows folder (or Winnt folder for Windows 2000) already exists, press l ('ell') to delete it and create a new one. Follow the series of prompts. When the installation program asks for your name, enter temp.

Once the installation is complete, your system will reboot into Windows, and you'll be logged on as user Temp. If the screen is difficult to read, reinstall your graphics card driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom