Didn't know where else to put this

Status
Not open for further replies.

JiveTurkey

In Runtime
Its not so much hardware, as it is a driver problem. I didn't know where to put it. Anyway, to the problem.

Whenever I try to open Counter-strike. I get a problem with the nVidia driver I have. I don't want to fix the problem, as I want to find a driver that allows me to overclock my card and run CSS. Which nVidia driver should I use to do this?

I did, but it doesn't allow me to overclock my card. I'm afraid that if I put it on, it'll register as overclocked, and my computer will freeze.

i have the latest nvidia drivers and i can OC. the current version actually seem pretty **** good. supposedly they have optimisations for dual cores as well. but i basically NEEDED the latest drivers to play CSS and HL2

edit: you can always revert to the older ones....make sure to make a restore point as well.

New drivers really help.
The newest one increased my 3dmark05 score about 100-120 points without doing anything.
About your overclocking, what tool are you using?

I used RivaTuner, and it froze, and I use coolbits, and that froze too. I guess it lets overclockings, it just doesn't let you do it. New drivers are installed and working.

Did you uninstall the old driver before you put the new driver on? If not try uninstalling all nvidia drivers, restart your machine and then install the latest driver which is 81.98. what card have you got aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom