The attempt to burn a disc failed.. An unknown error occured. (4450)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is on my friends computer when he is trying to burn to a cd off of itunes. That's all there is to tell. It burns a song or two and then does that all the time.

Not 100% sure but since you got it from iTunes (legal downloading program) it probably has copy protection on it. Which means you wouldn't be able to back it up on to CD. If indeed you want a backup copy of your songs then convert them to WAV format. (google for a WAV converter, can't think of one right now...)

Also, try setting the settings (lol) for burning discs to like 1,2,8x instead of maximum. The only other thing from my knowledge would be to install the latest drivers for your cd drive. Other than that I say don't use mac software on a windows PC. :p

Yes 2003, over 3 years ago and many updates. Itunes is more compatible with xp than media player is. It's not itunes causing the problem I think it is the cd burner. I have had itunes for several years and it works great.

From the error message you have described.....it's the same problem.....Me thinks it's Itunes!!! Hense, the error message....cough....cough...spit,,,,P2P...............?????....hehehehe nitestick!!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom