Memory Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David1678

Baseband Member
Just today my computer started having some problems and I am suspecting that it may be my memory. I have the Dimension XPS and I have had it for about a year and a half. When I click on a program the program doesn't load but when I go to processes it is definately running. I try to end the process and it doesn't go away. When I click the Icon to run it again it says it is already running. The computer is also taking 5-10 minutes to shutdown/restart. Is there something blatantly wrong that I am missing? Do I need new ram? I Just reformatted about 2 weeks ago.

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a trojan horse virus. In the end I had to reformat my hard drive but before you do that there is plenty of other options like trying a good anti-virus package (f-secure) they do a free trial http://esd.element5.com/demoreg.html?productid=300042694&languageid=1
repairing windows and I bet there is someone on this forum that could suggest something better than formatting your hard drive. I hadn't come across Tech Forums then but I wish I had, I lost everything. I know you reformatted a few weeks ago but have you got a virus checker/firewall running all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom