thinking of buying a new laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you planning to do with it? If your looking for a unit to get you on the internet, do school work etc.. I would go with a $499 Dell inspiron with a 1.4ghz/400fsb Celeron M processor.

tell ya what ive got an ibm t23 with all the work and school suff you need if thats what you want im trying to sell it for around 400 if you rinterested. lemme know

office depot has a sale in store (not online) for a Compaq Presario, its 579$----before rebates its 760$....has a 3000+AMD Sempron,
and a decent grafix card AND 512mb of memry, id get it if i could.....but ive spent a ton on my current pc

threemooses said:
tell ya what ive got an ibm t23 with all the work and school suff you need if thats what you want im trying to sell it for around 400 if you rinterested. lemme know

actually i am looking to buy a laptop for wseb browsing and schoolwork. you have a link to its specs or can you post the specs as wel as the condition battery life and accssories. any actual pics of it?

well i guess specs arnt important i can find that myslef, but did you make any modifications to it? (extra ram..)

If you're looking for a laptop for just Web and Word Processing, consider looking in the local classifieds or even ebay. You can get an older "3 to 5" year old laptop, for next to nothing.

I picked up a Dell Inspiron 3200 with P3 733Mhz, 256MB ram, 4GiG HDD & 13.3" screen . I formatted the HDD, Installed Windows XP PRO, Installed just the needed drivers, added a wireless Network adapter...

It sits on my breakfast counter and I surf the web while eating breakfast. I also have Office XP installed on it. That's all I use it for.
It's also networked to my other PC's.

I bought it for $50 USD with the case (bag).

OK I GOT THIS FROM MY DADS WORK IT WAS THE COMPANYS AND THEN MY DAD BOUGHT IT WHEN THEY ISSUED NEW ONES . IM NOT SURE WHAT THE IT PPL THERE DID TO IT BUT IT DOESN'T PLAY TOO MANY GAMES I PERSONALLY DID NOT PUT ANY EXTRA ANY THING. WHEN I GO TO CONTROL PANNEL AND LOOK AT SYSTEM IT SAYS THAT ITS GOT A INTEL PENTIUM 3 1.2 GHZ WITH 256 MB OF RAM 40 GB OF HARD DRIVE SPACE.. I T HAS NO NEW BATTERYS SO THE LIFE IS AROUND AND HOUR AND A HALF IT PLAYS STAR WARS BATTLE (GROUNDS NOT FRONT)2 WITCH IS A PRETTY KOOL GAME. AND SOME OTHERS LIKE AGE OF EMPIRES IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE QUESTIONS YOU CAN ADD ME TO YOUR MSN MESSENGER OR PM ME MY MSN IS threemooses102938@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom