help with USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188002

thats a link to my motherboard.. im wondering if someone can help me out. there are 4 usb ports on the back of the pc.. also my case came with 2 in the front. i hooked up the 2 front ones and they seem to working ok. are the ones that are on the back actually usb.. or are they just the plugs and i have to add a separate usb card to use them. im asking because the mobo says it has 4 onboard usb 1.1... then it says it has 4 usb 2.0 rear panel ports ...im really confused about which ports are which speeds and which ones i have access to use right out of the box... without adding some sort of add on card

The 4 ports in the back are usb 2.0 but backwards compatible for 1.1. You should not have to do anything to use them. Just plug and play.

ok so wait a second. the 4 on the back are 2.0? then where is the 4 1.1 ports? does this have anything to do with the small headers that i plugged into the mobo from the usb on the front of my case

Well those 4 USB headers are for plugs, for your case or say you got a new case that had 4 USB plugs, you'd plug those into the 4 headers. So then you'd have no more USB headers left, but 8 USB ports including the back ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom