The Ultimate Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I have a 5 year fixed investment which I can't touch until about a month from now, and according to my accountant I'm going to receive a rather sizeable return.

So here's my question: If you had a budget of about $2000, what would the absolute ultimate gaming PC be? What are your reccomendations, in detail, for everything from Mobo and CPU, to RAM and the rest.

Let your imaginations run wild, and let me know! I'm pretty useless with this stuff, so I really need your help!

Cheers

well the x1800xt will murder the 7800gtx, see it this way 7800gtx core of 500mhz times the 24 pipe lines. this is a 12000 pixel clock that is very fast. lol but the x1800xt all really have 650mhz cores garunteed from what ati is saying, and also ati is going to have drivers that automaticly force the x1800xt to a 750mhz core! and that times 16 is also 12000 pixel clock, this does tie but remeber that the x1800xt's memory clock is 1.5ghz that would proubly throw you memory bandwidth around 45-47gb and also this is default memory speed. lol hehe yes that right it will proubly do 1.7ghz. hmm did some body say 50gb-55gb bandwidth? and who even said 750mhz is the limit of a core clock on the x1800? no doubt the 7800gtx is a BEAST MASTER! LOL but if you really want to spend 2000 on a rig :::: ultimate::::! as you described it lol i would go with the x1800xt!

well on benches the x1800xt does beat out the 7800gtx256 but the 7800gtx512mb is still the best out of all videocards

charles_scott said:
And where you get this from??? Some reason I think you are just an ATI fanboy....
he is.
the 256MB 7800 GTX is actually slightly better than the X1800, because of its 24 pipelines although they are pretty close.
although 3dmark05 favours the ATI cards

but no X1800 can touch the 512MB 7800 GTX

I am going to stay away from the ATI argument, and simply state out that ATI has had a horrendous track record with stable drivers. As for saying that they are going to come out with drivers to increase the performance of their card, well I wonÂ’t hold my breath, but I will congratulate them. For it has been some time they have had form of stable drivers. I am the previous owner of two different ATI cards, and now have moved to an NVIDIA card with out any problems at all.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
I am going to stay away from the ATI argument, and simply state out that ATI has had a horrendous track record with stable drivers. As for saying that they are going to come out with drivers to increase the performance of their card, well I wonÂ’t hold my breath, but I will congratulate them. For it has been some time they have had form of stable drivers. I am the previous owner of two different ATI cards, and now have moved to an NVIDIA card with out any problems at all.
their new drivers which were supposed increase performance were really just cutting corners.
they introduced adaptive AA, which turns down the level of AA automatically under load to get better performance.
that's how they got their performance increase with those drivers.

DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra-D
2x1GB OZC Ram
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
eVGA 7800GT
Western Digital 300GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom