Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several Vista Editions, One Box

That's right, Microsoft plans to market several versions of Vista but will distribute all of the OS bits with every product shipped so users can easily unlock and step up to more full-featured versions using electronic keys.

Having a master Windows Vista operating system means customers that buy PCs preloaded with one Vista SKU, Home Basic, for example, will be able to punch their credit card into a Microsoft Web site to unlock Vista Home Premium and more speedily deploy media center features without an on-site visit or requiring a wipe and reload of the system.

"No matter which edition you buy you get all the bits and a key to unlock it. Everyone will have all the bits," said one source familiar with Microsoft's plans. "Right now we maintain master images for each version of Windows XP and it's a lot of work. Now there's just one master image."

Sources familiar with the packaging plan said it will drive more incremental revenue for the software giant and better enable the software giant to target Windows Live services and content to users globally.

People will probably find a way to hack the full versions if they are all there but are locked.

Warez I already learned you don't like giving your sources but this time I think you should I doubt this.

Back in 2001, Microsoft's early betas of Windows XP contained a user interface dubbed "Watercolor". But only months before the operating system shipped, Microsoft completely replaced it with an entirely different look and feel called "Luna" which became known as "Windows XP Style".

That move has created speculation that current Windows Vista look and feel, called Aero glass, would be replaced by a different look and feel later in the beta process.

However, this week "PowerUser.TV" has released a podcast which contains an interview with Microsoft developers who have confirmed that there will be no major change to the look and feel of Windows Vista from what is being shown in build 5270.

In other words, Aero-Glass is it. Yes, Disappointing news we know. :(

http://neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=32020

I hope they change the look of the aero basic theme without the glass because right now it looks really ugly.

Vista February CTP, Complete?

In early December of 2005, Microsoft had announced that they were to ship a code-complete version of Windows Vista internally by the end of 2005 to prepare for a CTP of the code-complete build to be issued to testers. However this never happened. Microsoft now plans to have an internal build of the code-complete Vista by early February.

However, the next CTP, due out on February 17th, apparently predates the code-complete version; therefore, the February CTP might not in fact be the code-complete build.

Currently, Microsoft is internally testing build 5293 of Vista, which means the February CTP build might be within the 5300 range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom