Finally Built it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
Yea 60º C is when you want to keep an eye on your GPU. BTW what brand of memory?

do you mean CPU? or are you talking about the video card? I'm using 1gb of Patriot ram, it seems to be working good, i got a deal on it along with my mobo and vid card. :)

bigjoe: yeah i think that the mobo isn't popular because i think that its fairly new and came out a few months ago. but yeah it was an amazing deal with a great vid card, and the mobo seems to be working fine so far.

to needacpu: yea i have everest.. its a great program except that it doesnt tell me my CPU temp.. only HD and GPU.

to infiltrator: yea man the mobos workin great for me.. my only complaint was a problem while building. i dunno if this was amds fault or evga but for some reason.. my stock heatsink didnt fit perfectly... it was to tight so right now my heatsink is attached just by the 2 side clips... it was too tight to lower that little black lever. it doesnt seem to be a problem because my temperature in bios when i start up is 34c so i guess the contact between the heatsink and CPU is ok

infiltrator7 said:
do you mean CPU? or are you talking about the video card? I'm using 1gb of Patriot ram, it seems to be working good, i got a deal on it along with my mobo and vid card. :)

bigjoe: yeah i think that the mobo isn't popular because i think that its fairly new and came out a few months ago. but yeah it was an amazing deal with a great vid card, and the mobo seems to be working fine so far.

If your lucky you can get your GPU to 90º but it's probably not to stable. I think the suggested limit for most CPU's is 60º, right?

i installed ntune from the cd that came with my mobo... even that wont tell me the CPU temp. it only tells me the GPU temp. Whats goin on.. why doesnt any program tell me my CPU temperature????!! the only thing that sorta works is speedfan.. but the problem is its showing me 5 different temperatures: temp1, temp 2, temp3, HD temp and another temp 1. each one is a totally different temperature

biggjoee5790 said:
i installed ntune from the cd that came with my mobo... even that wont tell me the CPU temp. it only tells me the GPU temp. Whats goin on.. why doesnt any program tell me my CPU temperature????!! the only thing that sorta works is speedfan.. but the problem is its showing me 5 different temperatures: temp1, temp 2, temp3, HD temp and another temp 1. each one is a totally different temperature

yeah its not a big deal though cause i'm not ocing, but it'd still be nice to know. and i dunno if the speedfan temps are accurate either.

by the way, how's my pcmark score?

yeah.

anyways i was just installed some games today on my computer, and i'm completely amazed at how well they played. i played COD2 and had almost everything maxed. i couldn't believe my eyes, i've never seen a computer game like that. i'm installing quake 4 today, aoe iii tomorrow, and hopefully getting battlefield 2 sometime.

can you guys rate my system?

eVGA nforce 4 mobo SLI Edition
athlon x2 3800+
1gb patriot ram
250gb WD Hard Drive
eVGA 7800gt
Antec Sonata 2, 2X120mm, 1X92mm w/air duct
HP Lightscribe DVD Burner
Logitech Media Keyboard

Windows XP home. I can't use the dual core functions in windows :(, but i didn't want to mess around with all of the driver problems in windows x64, so i think i'm gonna get vista a year after it comes out. ratings greatly appreciated, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom