Graphic On a Budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hapx4.0

In Runtime
I need a new graphic card, and only have about 200'ish to spend, max.

I got a ASUS A8N SLI Mobo

My card ATM is a Crap PCI GeForce 5500 OC

i just want the best for the cash i have to spend, brand don't matter to me, it don't have to be SLI but if it is that's fine.

any recommendations?

so far was thinking about

SAPPHIRE Radeon X800GTO

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102613

or something like that?

but i'm not sure, I'm really new to this so..any help would be appreciated!

yea the evga 6800gs is pretty much the best card in that price range. i was sooooo close to getting one.. but last minute i decided to step up to the 7800gt. the 6800gs is a great card for the price and the benchmarks prove it. i was surprised by some of the framerates it gets on the Doom 3, HL2 and Fear tests

I can't believe everyone else so far has managed to ignore the fact that he has PCI and not PCI-e.

His current GPU is basically as good as it gets.

No it is PCI-e lol sorry, my card atm is PCI but i want a PCI-e lol, but thanks everyone, i got a few i can look over. ty!

The ONLY game that will the x800GTO will beat the 6800GS is Half Life 2, even with the extra pipelines unlocked, the 6800GS performs barely under the 6800GT and can oc well past GT speeds giving you a huge advantage over the x800GTO in any game.

And for only $20 more, get the eVGA 6800GS it's the best card peformance/price ratio in video cards out right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom