Finally Built it

Status
Not open for further replies.

infiltrator7

Daemon Poster
So i finally built my computer, and it wasn't as hard as i thought. I have a few questions though:

first, i scored a 5162PCMarks on PCmark05, is this good? (Specs are in my sig)

secondly, I'm using speedfan to measure my pc's temperature, and what do the temp 1, temp 2 etc. correspond to? Which one is the cpu

I'm guessing that the cpu is temp 1, becuase its idle at about 35c and under load its about 50c. are those good temps?

2. Looks like stock cooling, so its alright for that. Consider getting better cooling in a month or two time, when you have replenished the bank account.

are the temperatures ok though? also i'm using two extra fans on top of the one the case came with so its not totally stock.

thanks

Its better than I got with stock cooling on my Winnie, but X2's have a lower threshold, so it would be worth getting a all copper cooler down the line.

hey infiltrator.... i cant find any programs that can read the temp of my cpu. we have the same mobo so i figured youd know what to do. i tried mobo monitor and avast. mobo monitor doesnt have my mobo on the list and avast only reads my video card and HD temps

i got speedfan but just like he said.. it doesnt signify what each is the temp of.. it just says temp1, temp2, etc. o yea i also want to know... if my cpu is overheating.. how will i know? will the pc shut down before its overheats and destroys itself.. or will i have to somehow know

It will shut-off and refuse to boot for a while. You guess what each one is, or look in the BIOS.

hey bigjoe, yeah i have the same problem as you, but i don't know what program will work. i'm using speedfan, and comparing it to the bios i think that temp 1 is the CPU, because thats the temp that seems to increase under load. i'm still looking for another program, and if i find one i'll tell ya.

infiltrator7 said:
hey bigjoe, yeah i have the same problem as you, but i don't know what program will work. i'm using speedfan, and comparing it to the bios i think that temp 1 is the CPU, because thats the temp that seems to increase under load. i'm still looking for another program, and if i find one i'll tell ya.

thanks alot.. i think we have this problem because our mobo isnt very popular so noone supports it. i couldnt pass up the deal on newegg with the 7800gt so i had to get it.. :) but if you find a good program that clearly states the cpu temp.. please let me know

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom