any suggestions for parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LookFilmss

Beta member
Hi, happy new year ;)

Could anyone suggest me a computer parts package within 700$ range that he has used recently? I dont know much about the latest hardware,i mean which parts work better with what and that sort of thing. I am not asking someone to put me a list together i just dont know so much about latest chips and processors so i would most likely copy someone's list and maybe change add something .
I need for 3d moddeling animation, not for gaming, i dont think i could get with 700$ a very fast but i hope enough. Or should i had posted it to the general pc forum?

Help really apreaciated
Lookfilms

umm, i moved to usa, so i left everything back there, but i am atm looking for just the system, i will see later where i get monitor, mouse, keyboard and that ohter things, yes 700$(american dollars) i think i should be able to get something for that price.

I'll leave this thread here, but I'll delete your other one. When in doubt just post where you think is best, and PM a Mod, and we'll move it if necessary. Just try not to double post:D

Thanks.

EDIT: Even though you said otherwise, perhaps a list of parts would be in good order. Since you arent doing any gaming, you should be able to build a nice, fast computer due to the fact you dont need a fancy vid card.

Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF-9 Socket 939 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail $74.99

AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor - Retail $322.00

G.SKILL 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory - Retail $71.00

But, if you can swing a couple extra bucks, go with some more RAM, which may come in handy for 3D Rendering, etc:
G.SKILL Value 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM System Memory - Retail $145.00

Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA NCQ ST3120827AS 120GB 7200 RPM 8M Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM $85.00

LG Beige E-IDE / ATAPI DVD Burner 5X DVD-RAM Write Model GSA-4167B BG - OEM $39.99

Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-400 400W Power Supply - Retail $54.99

TOTAL: $648.97

That leaves about $51 for a case. Just get one without a PSU, as I already picked one.

I know you didnt want a list, but it seemed like you needed one:D If you have questions about the parts I chose, PM me or post back! :)

Someone else will have to do the prices but, a AMD 64 X2 4400 or a 3800. A motherboard with intergrated graphics - why can't I see any? or otherwise a NF3/4 with a 6200. 1gb PC3200 dual channel value ram. A nice case, that you like. A Antec 430w truepower 2.0 PSU, a huge hdd - if you think you will fill it and a dvd burner.

oh thank u very much all, yes basicly i needed a list quite yeah but i didnt feel right to ask others do it for me, anyway thanks, seems u got me right, i dont need so much video card, but i do need a lots of ram, 2gb would great, in future i could add more but atm be enough, i dont know really about the processors, the names are quite similar but what do the numbers(thousands) mean back, dual core, its 2 processors together, right?
I dont need either much harddrive, if it saves money to buy something better then i can go even with 60gb or 80gb, and same thing with dvd writer and reader, as i can use for writing always dad's laptop, so if it saves money for better processor or ram i can go with 80gb or 60gb and no dvd writer

dual core is 2 cores on the same chip. AMD's X2 (amazingly) beat Intel's at everything.

DVD burners don't cost much, so it is worth IMO if you are going to back up your work to DVD's. Get as big of a hdd as you think you need. 4gb's of ram slows down the PC, as it will be too much for the memory controller.

i would have thought that for what you want, a massive HDD/ RAID would be best. and if it were me i would save up loads and do the thing properly and get myself one of those cards that can handle 4 monitors, i would have thought that 2 would be a minimum. but **** that might just be me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom