AMD Athlon 64 X2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasrix

In Runtime
4200+, 4400+, 4600+, 4800+...?

Im trying to decide what processor to go with? Anyone know n e thing about the 64 X2 AMD's? In terms of performance mainly.

These are the prices im looking at (CDN), just to give you guys a basic idea as to what im looking at:

AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4200+ $ 479.00
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4400+ $ 590.00
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4600+ $ 769.00
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4800+ $ 955.00

and please no arguements if thats cheap or overpriced, thats not why im posting the prices.

Cheers-

P.s. If i shouldn't go with Athlon, feel free to let me know, thanx!

Great choice with the X2 Series. I personally think the 4400+ gives you the best price : performance ratio due to it's ability to be OC'd.

haha tyler you only say that because YOU have one. but im pretty sure the opterons have a higher chance to be overclocked farther than the athlon X2's

I do have one thats why I can say it OCs far I do not have a Opteron so I cannot judge it without bias. I can go 2.4 at stock volt converting it into a 4800+ right there with the same cache saving $300 with no heat increase so no fears of a melt down. If I were to buy non stock fans I could get up to the levels you opt users are no doubt in my mind but I dn't want to burn up my processor as both the Opts and X2s are expensive.

Both are the leading brand names in Dual Core 64 bit computing. The Opterons share alot in common with the X2 family but some people "claim" that they OC the best. They OC very well just like the X2 Series in my opinion some say the best I do not share that opinion.

after having bought a single core Opteron myself, i can say that i am very pleased with it. i was worried that it would not be compatible with anything, but i can say that it works just fine on my mobo (it wasnt on the list of compatible processors) and with my RAM so yeah, its fine. i think its a little steep though, it was like over £200 (i cant remember the actual figure)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom