Keyboard Problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephen_s

Baseband Member
I just changed motherboards but now I can't get my usb keyboard to work. When I boot it up it says no keyboard detected and I have to plug in my ps/2 keyboard from my other computer. That keyboard works. The usb keyboard just has the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock lights on the whole time and won't work at all. I downloaded the drivers but that didn't help. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

test the keyboard on your other comp if it has usb ports, you may just have to use a ps/2 keyboard. see if you can get another usb keyboard to test. so it doesn't work for windows? lots of motherboards for some reason reject usb keyboards in BIOS mode but are fine in windows. i personally have never had a good experience with a usb keyboard but right now i'm typing with an 9-10 year old ps/2 keyboard and it works great.

That happens to me, i have to keep on ps/2 keyboard plugged in and my saitek eclise, USB keyboard, plugge din also to work. Like i can use the keyboard to get into my bios. but if it says some kind of choices like to boot into safe mode you have to select it which OS and i have two, and i cant use my USB keyboard i'll have to use my ps/2.

I dont think you guys really get that, but i have the same exact problewm also :confused: but it works ok in windows lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom