PC doesnt boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebCachia

Beta member
A friend recently asked me to put together a SFF Pc. I based the system on the Asus T2PH1 with a 250w psu and based it on the following specs.

CPU: Intel P4 630 3ghz
Memory: 512mb ddr 400
Hard disk: 250mb WD Caviar
Optical: Asus DVD Rom + Asus DVD RW

After installing all the hardware the pc booted up with no problems. I formated with XP Pro and installed the usual programs and drivers and shutdown and packed the pc back in its box. The next day i thought id give the pc a try and as soon as i pluged in the power to the psu it turned itself on without me using the front pannel power switch. After a few seconds it beeped and turned itself off. If i turn the pc on without a cpu installed or with a higher power psu it doesnt turn itself off but still turns on by itself. It is working completely independent of the power buttons as i have even unplugged these to no effect.

Here is a list of the stuff ive already tried:
- Cleared CMOS both with removing battery and jumper methods
- Attached another PSU (400w) - Pc doesnt automaticaly shut down
- Removed CPU - Pc doesnt automaticaly shut down
- Rewired entire system

All this to little or no success

Any ideas on if it is the weak psu, powerful cpu, and if any of these, why it turns itself on with different psus. without a cpu and without power switches pluged in??

nitestick. Your post was VERY helpfull. Thanks loads. I removed the motherboard from the case and reconnected most of the devices outside of the case. It worked! At least the power switch did and it didnt turn itself off. Il start adding devices slowly and put the mobo back in to find the offending area. Thanks loads yet again.

Seb

Yeah i think i will. I hope most people here are as helpfull. I hope il be able to be of assistance to some people myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom