6600GT Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVdia

In Runtime
Hey how is everyone here? I just purchused a new Gigabyte 6600 GT AGP and when I'm playing BF 2 it freezes on high and medium settings not on low though ,and I can play Far Cry on Very high settings with no problems.

My Specs,

AMD ATHOLON 64 3200+
Asus A8V-MX
80 gig Seagate Barrucuda ATA
1 gig of Kingston DDR400
6600GT Card
300 Watt Macron PSU

Thanks

nVdia said:
I was thinking about getting a Thermaltake 480 Watt Pure Power is that a good buy?

Actually I usually recomend thermaltake PSU's, but this one doesnt have enough power in the right places to make it worthwhile.

dont know what that figures to in usd but see if antec tp2 550w is in range. excellent psu with plenty of juice :)

Ya its a little out of my range,lol. My current PSU on its 12V rail is 15A and on the thermaltake one is 18A. Could it also be temperature problems to?

dont think so otherwise far cry would probably freeze too. newer psu's have 30 or more amps on the 12 v rail. check around and see what you find comparable. also bf2 is a memory hog runs best with 1.5 gig or better. fear is like that also

I know there both memory hogs but it's funny I can have everything on very high and I won't have a glitch at all during game play. I can play BF 2 on high settings for 15 minutes before freezing .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom