Check this boy out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 x 512MB 7800 GTX's in SLI
Gigabyte has a socket 939 board you can do that on. stick in an X2 4800+ and overclock it, plus 2GB of OCZ RAM, and it will beat that system easily.

I just noticed the mobile since you guys said something... To be perfectly honest, I would feel like a real flamer walking around with that. It's like... Hmm, I want a desktop, but I don't know why. It offers the desktop features that don't matter like a keyboard and some sorry excuses for a sound system. Why would 8 speakers on a laptop be any different than say, 2, or 4? Oh, wait, it wouldn't! And since it's a wanna-be desktop, it offers no upgradability, which is the biggest plus to desktops IMO.

[/rant]

Ryan

That's the debate that has emerged after Chairman Michael Dell attacked Microsoft's Xbox 360 console here at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). Dell dismissed Microsoft as a "so called high-definition gaming" player, saying that gaming consoles will never keep up with the ever-improving performance of PCs. The consoles initially ship with state-of-the-art technology, but consumers cannot upgrade the systems easily and after a few months the consoles are showing their age. By contrast, PCs always ship with the latest and greatest parts, and customers can upgrade internal components, Dell argued.

In particular, Dell pointed to the company's new limited edition gaming giant – the XPS 600 Renegade. This box boasts a whopping four Nvidia graphics processors and an over-clocked 4.26GHz dual-core Intel chip. The system also has a slick custom paint job done in a fire motif, which we believe is in homage to Intel's chips.

We can't find a price for the Renegade, which ships in the Spring, just yet. The regular XPS 600 starts at close to $1,700, so you can figure that the special edition box will run well over $2,000.

Why do you guys keep talking about mobile... and laptop... that pic looks like a desktop to me. Anyways... dude, your mom totally should have NOT gotten you a dell! That computer is for the rich trust fund guy who doesn't know anything about computers and wants to pay a really high premium for people to think he does know something about them.

FYI, it uses quad 7800GTX512's, not 7800GT's. ****, that thing is more powerful than anything offered by alienware or any of those other brands! If only it used an AMD CPU, that might be a really good PC for thr people with an unlimited budget. It says it uses additional gear from Logitech, western digital, klipsch, saitek, plextor and creative. Those are all REALLY good brands, I bet it has dual 150gb western digital raptors in RAID 0, a logitech G5 2000dpi laser mouse, the klipsch promedia ultra 5.1 speakers, the saitek eclipse keyboard, and a creative x-fi fatal1ty or elite pro sound card, and a plextor optical drive. That is pretty close to what I have. LMAO, but I bet it uses this power supply:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817163018
ROFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom