Fatal System Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebleakness

Banned
I was able to get my computer running this week and it ran perfectly, no erros nothing. When i started my computer i got this error:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The windows logon process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc 0000135 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.

I have found that this error can be fixed by getting into the registry but i cant do this since I cant even get into the logon screen. It loads XP home and when the logon screen should pop up, this BSOD comes up. I have tried starting it in, last known good configuration, safe mode, and nothing works. Should i try a windows repair or reformatt and re-install. Thanks for the help.

If you're familiar with using the command line, you could try using Recovery Console from the XP CD. After accessing Recovery Console, try running chkdsk.

try and replace winlogon.exe
go into the recovery console, and use this command:
copy D:\1386\winlogon.ex_ C:\windows\system32\winlogon.exe /y
that's assuming your CD/DVD drive is D:

Ok, thanks for the help but that didnt work apokalipse or CompGeek. When i tried to repair through the windows installation, a message came up saying that a previous windows had not been found and if i wanted to continue installation. I chose no. Is there anything else that i can try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom