intel 3.7 or a athlon 3700

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AMD is cheaper for better performance. I made the switch to AMD and don't ever plan on going back.

And mine boots up in about 30 seconds...how much faster do u need?

Download BootVis (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=664).

Customer research shows a frequently requested feature that users want from their PCs is fast system startup, whether from cold boot or when resuming from standby or hibernation. The Windows development team at Microsoft has taken bold steps in making fast startup PCs a reality with the Microsoft® Windows® XP operating system.

The design goals for Windows XP on a typical consumer PC are:

- Boot to a useable state in a total of 30 seconds
- Resume from Hibernate (S4) in a total of 20 seconds
- Resume from Standby (S3) in a total of 5 seconds

Boot and resume times are measured from the time the power switch is pressed to being able to start a program from a desktop shortcut.

Tyler1989 said:
You want an AMD but I do not recommend any Single Core as they are "unholy". Anyways Intel is really only better at archiving and encrypting etc but even then that difference isn't that great.

What the heck are you talking about, you dont want a dual-core processor for gaming, the price to performance ratio is like that of Intel (haha). I dont want to start a flame war.

Oh yeah, someone else said something silly, about AMD and Intel booting, it just depends on which system is better, and mainly the harddrives in both. So please refrain from more idiotic comments in the future.

Now after all of that crap, you will want the AMD 3700 for gaming, I prefer the clawhammer, but others like the venice, I personally find that the clawhammer runs cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom