My plan, part 1 is complete :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
Okay, I now have Windows 2000, and I'm ready for part 2

If I buy the upgrade for Windows XP, (it costs $10 at school), what do I need to have previously installed? Also, does this come with any kind of reboot CD? Thanks,

awesome....here's another question

I don't have my processor yet (argh backordred) but I have a friend ... :) ... that can get me the CD and everything installed this coming week. I'm missing a bunch of components, so could I just take my HDD to his house, he puts it in his comp, installs it on there, then removes the HDD and put it back in mine? then everything should work right? Or no?

Nope, that won't work. It's gotta be installed on the computer it'll be used on. XP will refuse to work if it sees that it is on a different computer than what it was installed on.

Thanks, I solved the problem and now I have Win2K, will be upgrading to XP or vista for $10. Yay. Thanks

lol yea, seems funny huh? most colleges (I got to UTA) have a thing for their students that they get an upgrade disk and license for $10. I'm hoping they do for Vista, because when XP came out, they did it right away. ALTHOUGH, I talked to my friend today, who said he bought the upgrade disk and put it in his computer anyways, with a blank HDD, and it worked like a regular Full Product. So, when Vista comes out, maybe I'll get that lucky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom