Norton Anti Virus wont start when Windows boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
Just istalled NAV 2006 on my older PC and it's not wanting to start when windows starts. I have tried reinstalling it and messing with the configurations, but it still wont start with windows. I have to go through the start menu and actually open it after windows boots. Whats wrong with it?

apokalipse said:
IMO that's a good thing. Norton is a resource hog
The auto protect isn't going to work to well without Norton running though. ;)

Put it in the start menu folder and it opens the program, but it opens the main window too. Pretty annoying to have to close all the time.

In the options, I set it up to start at startup. Still not working. :confused:

Re:

Hello,

I would check to see if the service exists or is enabled on your system...

...go to the System Configuration Utility (MSCONFIG in Run) > then click on the Services tab > then look for the service Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service to see if it exists. Listing them in ascending order might help you.

If it exists, verfiy that the service is enabled. If it's disabled, enable it and restart.

If it doesn't exist, then I would try uninstalling it again, but instead using SymNRT, obtainable here with instructions: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2004020314035036&nsf=tsgeninfo.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=.

It may be that some files may have been left over after a previous installation of Norton, and not removed or overwritten properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom