AXLE Nvidia 6600GT PCI-E Ovrclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpratvfrk

Solid State Member
Hi guys, I'm new to this overclocking, and I'm new to this forum. Are there any spyware/virus free programs that provide good overclocking for my 6600GT? And I heard if the card overheats, the computer shuts down? What temperature is that? and by clocking, what's the limit and what's the max? How many frames per second will the overclocking boost?

Help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot
-Hpr

Okay, I d/l'ed RivaTuner. How do you use it? Anyone have a 6600GT PCI-E? What's the most "stable" Mhz?

im running 579/1303 but thats pritty high on the mem for a stock cooled 6600GT with no volt mods.

basically u just raise it slowly then run 3dmark05 3 times in a loop and check the temps. if it don;t crash or get real hot u speed it up some more :p

every card if differant so the fact that im running mine at that speed means nothing for urs really its somthing to compare it with but not somthing to go by

for instance some 6600GT max at like 527/1080 on stock cooling and some like do 590/1320 on stock cooling

Sh0r_ty said:
im running 579/1303 but thats pritty high on the mem for a stock cooled 6600GT with no volt mods.

basically u just raise it slowly then run 3dmark05 3 times in a loop and check the temps. if it don;t crash or get real hot u speed it up some more :p

every card if differant so the fact that im running mine at that speed means nothing for urs really its somthing to compare it with but not somthing to go by

for instance some 6600GT max at like 527/1080 on stock cooling and some like do 590/1320 on stock cooling

Okay, but I've tried overclocking with the clock frequencies, but it always has this eeror message:

The driver failed to pass internal test with the clock frequencies you are about to set. Please decrease your clock frequencies and try again. (That is when I try to overclock from 300 MHz to 330 MHz)

And when I startup RivaTuner:

Warning! RivaTuner has not been tested with the currently installed display driver.
It is strongly recommended to upgrade RivaTuner to a new version, otherwise it may not work properly because the driver is not officially supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom