Computer won't boot up HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, well did that as best as I could - my coolant hoses and short power cables made it a little difficult. Anyway, that didn't work either.

The possible bad parts are, CPU, Power supply, RAM, Video card and motherboard.

If the CPU is bad, nothing will happen, Take out all the RAM, try booting, If you get any kind of beep it means that it is at least getting to RAM.

I would reccomend buying A really! cheap AGP or PCIE Video card (Whichever slot type you have) and a Cheap 256 MB memory stick so we can test them in the machine.
They are the easiest parts to test.

If you don't want to buy anything then you have to start RMAing parts, Unless someone else has any suggestions.

OK, well, made a little bit of progress. I switched video cards out and now the power stays on. However, I'm back to my original problem of my monitor not switching over.

You might want to try clearing the CMOS by using the jumpers on the motherboard. I've seen BIOS setting continue to hold after the batter was removed and replaced.

Scooter861 said:
OK, well, made a little bit of progress. I switched video cards out and now the power stays on. However, I'm back to my original problem of my monitor not switching over.

Well I guess thats some progress. However we still need to try some known good RAM.

And like I said, you can always start RMAing items. I would start with Motherboard first.

I just remembered about the D-Bracket that came with my motherboard. So I installed that real quick, powered up and all the LED lights turned red and stayed there. According to the manual, if all the lights turn red and hang there, then the processor is either damaged or improperly installed. I don't see how all of a sudden it could become improperly installed so if either, I figure it's damaged. However, I'm not really sure the processor would cause this problem. Am I wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom