Windows Virtual Menory Too Low...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtual memory mostly serves the same function is RAM, but it's space on your hard drive. The golden rule is to set the min at the amt of RAM you have (in your case, 256) and try the max at double. If you're still getting a problem, add another 256.

Agreed

regeisle said:
Virtual memory mostly serves the same function is RAM, but it's space on your hard drive. The golden rule is to set the min at the amt of RAM you have (in your case, 256) and try the max at double. If you're still getting a problem, add another 256.

This can have many sollutions like
"Is dma enabled" ???

Thanks guys. Stan I have the origional version of Ghost Recon so I will contact the company and see what they have to say. I was going to increase my Ram anyway so I think I will take it up to 512 MB regardless.

Thrower said:
Thanks guys. Stan I have the origional version of Ghost Recon so I will contact the company and see what they have to say. I was going to increase my Ram anyway so I think I will take it up to 512 MB regardless.
Great,be sure to report anything you solve so we can all learn from it.
:)

I bought more Ram tonight. I got the K-Byte 512 MB-DDR 2700
PC 333 184 Pin DIMM

Is it difficult to change myself? I hear it is pretty straight forward but this is my first time doing and computer modifications. Instructions of diagrams would be great:)

Thanks for any info guys.

You must be sure it matches what you already have.Plugging it in can be tricky.Let someone else do it this time and watch.
aida32 will tell you your ram and much more.

I got it installed and it is working great! When I check my computers performance under control panel it says I have 760MB of RAM. Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

-Thrower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom