Laptop overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagleboy

In Runtime
I have a Hypersonic Aviator GX7 laptop, and during gaming it overheats like a mother... It restarted twice on me tonight while playing Half-Life 2, and I have the laptop sitting on four small blocks to increase the air circulation.

I'm wondering if anybody has had any luck with laptop coolers, and if so, if I can get some recommended models to use. My laptop is big (17" widescreen), so the cooler would have to be big as well...

3.4ghz P4 HT 800mhz FSB
2gb PC3200
ATi Mobility Radeon 9700 256mb
2x 60gb HDDs @7200rpm and 8mb cache

As you can see, I need something to control the abundancy of the system's components that overheat. Just looking for some suggestions, thanks guys.

a common problem with old laptops is dust in the fan
so take it apart and clean out all the fans you can findespecially the processor cooling fan
i had that problem recently and i know a lot of people had it too

laptops sit so close to the table they just suck in all the dust and food and **** (roaches and flies and bugs too) so make sure u clean the dust under ur laptop frequently

Trotter said:
There was a thread about this recently. Try doing a Search for it:
http://techist.com/search.php?s=

Yes, but I was wondering if anybody had any experience with cooling trays for laptops - none of the search results brought up anything relevant. I do search before posting... I searched just the query "laptop" in this forum, and the past month of threads brought up nothing relevant. (Other than a thread perfectly relevant with absolutely no replies, of course)

I'm not about to buy a crappy cooling tray that doesn't work well, so I thought I'd ask on a forum before buying. This is a high-end laptop, and I don't want it damaged from excessive heat.

On another forum i post on (non-computer), I have read a couple of people's posts about them. They give good reports.

Also, Alice Hill (of Alice and Bill, now of realtechnews.com) swears by her's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom