Cant update graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
Ok so I just installed my 6800gs AGP card and reinstalled windows, I currently have no video driver. When i get the drivers from nvidia.com and try to install them it says I dont have nvidia hardware or something along those lines, wtf? How do I install the drivers to make my card work?

1. Is it just when you try to update that it says no videocard? OR even on the device manager on windows it say you have no videocard too?

2.I'd try to go to the videocard brand's website instead of nvidia.com. I tried to go to nvidia.com too for my 6600, but i couldn't find the drivers. After i went to Asus and i found them without a problem.

-Hope this helps.

In the device manager it just says "video controller(vga compatable)". I do have a cd with the drivers but I really dont want to install the CD ones unless nothing else works because they usually arn't as good as more modern ones. Yes I have tried the drivers from EVGA directly, those install but then do nothing. Right now im working on the default windows drivers.

After doing a bunch of searching I found the answer, there ARE no drivers that support my card yet lol. There are only beta drivers but Id rather wait for real ones.

Mr_Threepwood said:
After doing a bunch of searching I found the answer, there ARE no drivers that support my card yet lol. There are only beta drivers but Id rather wait for real ones.
beta doesn't necessarily mean bad. I hardly ever use official video card drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom