Video Card Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
any beeps going on when you boot up? I had that when i upgraded my vid card, during installation i fried a ram stick (128) it beeped twice paused beeped once and repeated.

Nope no sounds. I've been talkin to some other guys and think we might have come to the conclusion that there is a conflict between the ATI 9600 Pro and my mobo. If this is the problem, does anyone know what all I can do to solve this? Or am I just screwed....

sounds like its a compatibility issue .Ive never fooled with a 9600 , does it have an extra power cord ? Make sure to uninstall
all previos drivers from both cards.
I use 1st control panel / add /remove progys.
Then boot up .Depending on your OS , 98 prompts to install a default adapter first .Let it do that .Then run driver cleaner 2 uninstall ATI/WDM/ATIHydravision/ATI MMC/ATI Uninstall Utility
Then put your CD in to install the new card .
Check to see if your 9600 needs 3.3 v or 1.5 v
Sorry cant be of more help .But you havent posted your system specs

I already tried the uninstall every driver and then reinstall... : (

Here are my system specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1
AMD Athlon
1000 Mhz
max speed 1300 Mhz
512 MB RAM
Chipset: VIA 82C691 rev 3

I hope this helps...I just bought this damn card and need it to work lol. Thanks.

Your problem sounds like your old driver was not completely removed which is often the case when changing from one manufacturer to another or from one model to the next.
Here is something you may want to try.
1 uninstall your ATI drivers completely from the add/remove program (both drivers and control panel) then shut down computer.
2. Reinstall your old video card and all its drivers from scratch.
3. Now completely remove your video drivers again (either thru the add/remove or thru control panel hardware or thru software)
then shut off computer
4. Reinstall your ATI card and your drivers/control panel (get newest version from ATI.com (4.2)

Hopefully, this will do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom